Join Our Team
Blue Baboon Books is looking for a new team member! If you love books and families, this is the job for you! We offer a creative and fun working environment, and you get to walk into a workplace that smells like books every day! Successful candidates will have the following characteristics:
- You must love to read, of course.
- Outgoing, gregarious, and friendly – yet not overbearing.
- Ability to use a computer and cash register.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds. Boxes of books are heavy!
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to stay on top of current book trends and titles.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability, confidence, and experience in leading small children in an activity or craft.
- Reliable transportation.
- You must appreciate the chaos and craziness that comes with running a business that centers around children and their families.
We are a small business, so our booksellers wear a lot of hats. On any given day, we might be rearranging the store displays, comforting a crying child, planning an author event, hosting a storytime, crafting, cleaning, or decorating the store for a special event. A job at Blue Baboon Books will include (but not limited to) the following tasks:
- Customer service.
- Operating a cash register.
- Operating a computer.
- Setting up, running, or breaking down book fairs across the Wichita metro area.
- Vacuuming and dusting.
- Cleaning the bathroom.
- Shelving books and other merchandise.
- Theatrically and dramatically reading during storytimes.
- Making children smile and laugh.
- Making families happy.
- Leading various crafts and activities with children of all ages and their families.
- Setting up and decorating for events.
- Working in the permanent store, inside the mobile store, and at various other locations for off-site book fairs and events.
- Running occasional errands.
- Other tasks as they arise.
If you think this would be a good fit for you, download and complete the application from the link below. Return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it into the store at 9428 W. Central. If we're currently hiring, we'll consider you for the positions that we have open.